School health programs in Charles City Public Schools support the physical and emotional well being of students through school nursing services, health education covering a range of developmentally appropriate topics and other services that promote a healthy learning environment.
Health Services Goals for Promoting Student Success:
- Assess and monitor students and/or staff health complaints via walk-in clinics as needed.
- Provide a temporary resting place as needed, or refer to parent/guardian for pick up, or to have follow-up with physician.
- Administer prescription or over-the-counter medications as required by physician and/or parent/guardian.
- Provide mandated screenings.
- Provide care in emergency situations.